Senior Adult Ministries
Leonard Brannan – Director
White Oak Baptist Church has an active program for senior adults, assisting seniors to remain personally and spiritually active, both in their own life and in the lives of others. We offer a variety of opportunities through worship, music, and fellowship.
There is a senior adult choir named the OASIS choir. The name stands for the words, “Older Adults Still in Service”. All seniors who enjoy singing are invited to participate in this choir. This choir practices on the second and third tuesdays of each month. The choir sings once a month in the worship service and also presents special seasonal music. The choir sings throughout the year at nursing homes, usually followed by a meal at a restaurant. Rebecca Brannan is director of this choir.
There are opportunities for education, travel, and social activities. Local trips are planned throughout the year. These local trips often include lunch or dinner.
Listed below are a few of our activities:
- Cruise and Brunch on the Southern Belle.
- Train Ride Over the Hiwassee River Gorge.
- Trip to Cumberland County Playhouse.
- Attend Senior Adult Celebrator’s Conference – Gatlinburg
- Trip to Buttonwillow Civil War Dinner Theater and Holocaust Paperclip Museum.
- Trip to Wooden’s Apple Barn.
- Sponsor Senior Neighbors Orchestra Program at White Oak Baptist with Luncheon.
- Sr. Adult Hamilton Co. Baptist Assn. Spring Fling and Program.
- Sr. Adult Hamilton Co. Baptist Assn. Christmas Luncheon and Program
- Trip to Berry College and Martha Berry Museum, Rome, Georgia.
- Trip to Amish Market at Delano, Tennessee; Eat at Farmhouse Restaurant.
- Singing at various Nursing Homes in and out of Chattanooga, with meals at restaurants.